PETROTECH-2016, the 12th edition of India's flagship energy event provides a platform to national and international experts in the oil & gas industry to share knowledge, expertise and experiences. This year under PetroTech, a Youth Forum was organized from December 6-7, 2016. The PETROTECH Youth Forum 2016 program was uniquely designed with a plethora of topics and technical sessions for young people. The key objectives of the forum included:
To make youth aware of the energizing & booming hydrocarbons sector.
Recognizing the importance of bringing more young people on board in the oil and gas sector.
Conceptualizing on young brains empowerment and their role in the oil and gas industry.
Inviting youth for promising, bright & challenging career opportunities in the oil and gas sector.
Criteria for Student Selection
About 200 participants for the Youth Forum were selected through an on-line quiz and essay competition. These students were selected from a total of 510 participants (representing 45 institutes) where 482 students participated in the Quiz and 27 students in the essay competition. Finally 177 students participated in the youth forum representing leading engineering, petroleum colleges as well as management institutes spread across the country. The list of institutes who participated in attached as Annexure I.
December 6, 2016: Youth Forum Session
The following programme organized for the students on December 6, 2016.
- Welcome Address by Dr. R. K. Malhotra, Director General, PetroFe
- Short Film on Oil & Gas
- Inaugural Address by Mr. Jayant Sinha, Hon’ble Minister of State for Civil Aviation
- Address on ‘Innovation Prospects in a Gloomy Oil Price Environment’ by Mr. Shail Apte, Director, Chevetol General Trading F.Z.E
- Special Address on ‘Energy and You: Why you should care!: by Mr. Ashish Chitale, President & Managing Director, Praesagus RTPO, A Sierra-Hamilton Company
- Theme Address on ‘Opportunities in Oil & Gas Sector’ by Mr. Pushp Kumar Joshi, Director (Human Resources), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Special Address on ‘Make in India’ by Mr. Deepak Bagla Managing Director & CEO, Invest India
- Tea Break
- Live Quiz
- Talk on ‘Global scenario of Oil and Gas Industry’ by Dr. David H. Turpin President & VC University of Alberta
Panel Discussion on Start-Ups by Young Entrepreneurs :
- Mr. Arun Mittal, Brand Communications Manager, CashKaro Panelists
- Mr. Prashant Tandon, Founder Healthkart
- Mr. Sachidanand Swami, Founder & CEO, Invoxel Technologies
- Mr. Abhishek Dabas, Founder, Zolt Energy
- Yuva Urja – Voice of Youth Talk by Students: Relevance of Hydrocarbon sector in changing energy scenario
- Vote of Thanks by Dr. Preeti Jain, PetroFed
- Students Depart to attend PetroTech Gala Dinner
List of Winners for all categories
The quiz and essay competitions were conducted during the program held on December 6, 2016 and following prizes were awarded for Essay & Quiz Competition winners.
|Prize 1 (iphone 7)
||Kundan Kumar , GIET College of Engineering
|Prize 2 (DSLR Camera)
|| Pawandeep Singh Bagga, RGIPT
|Prize 3 (Bose Wireless Bluetooth Speaker)
|| Krishna Raghav Chaturvedi , RGIPT
|Prize 1 (ipad Air (2 Nos.))
||Rahul D Cruz & Shubham Agarwal, ISM Dhanbad
|Prize 2 (ipad mini (2 Nos.))
|| Vishal Mulchandani & Aqeel Ilyas Patel, IIT, Roorkee
|Prize 3 (Kindle (2 nos.))
|| Aravind M & Narendra Singh Shekhawat, IIT, Chennai
10 nos hard disk were distributed among the audience as spot quiz prize.
December 7, 2016: Visit to Exhibition & Valedictory Session
The following programme organized for the students on December 7, 2016 .
- Visit to Petrotech Exhibition at Pragati Maidan and a guided tour followed by lunch .
- Valedictory session at Vigyan Bhawan .